The Zabbix team is proud to announce the release of Zabbix 6.0 LTS. The latest version comes packed with many new features, improvements, new templates and integrations.
- Out-of-the-box High Availability cluster for Zabbix server with support for one or multiple standby nodes
- Redesigned Services section, tailored for flexible Business Service monitoring with the ability to monitor over 100k services, define flexible service calculation rules, perform root cause analysis, receive service status change alerts, and more
- New machine learning trend functions for baseline monitoring and anomaly detection
- Monitor your Kubernetes instance with out-of-the-box Kubernetes monitoring for pods, nodes, and Kubernetes component monitoring
- New Audit log schema enables detailed logging for both the Zabbix frontend and backend
- Track your host status and location with the new Geomap widget
- The Top hosts widget provides Top N and Bottom N host views sorted by item values
- Ability to define custom Zabbix password complexity requirements
- Multiple UI improvements. Hosts can now be created directly from the Monitoring section.
- Zabbix Agent2 now supports loading stand-alone plugins without having to recompile the Agent2
- Monitor SSL/TLS certificates with a new Zabbix Agent2 item
- Performance improvements for Zabbix Server, Proxy, and Frontend
All of the official Zabbix templates are now stand-alone and do not require importing additional template dependencies
- And many other improvements and features
This version also provides a set of new templates for the following vendors:
HPE ProLiant servers
VMware SD-WAN VeloCloud
- As well as a new Github webhook integration
The latest LTS release will receive full official support for 3 years and limited support, which consists of bug fixes for 5 years.
Find out more about Zabbix 6.0 LTS by visiting our What’s new in Zabbix 6.0 LTS webinar, covering the most important new features and improvements: https://www.zabbix.com/webinars
An overview of the new features and changes can be found on our What’s new in Zabbix 6.0 page:
What’s new in Zabbix 6.0.0 documentation section:
Take a look at the release notes to see the full list of new features and improvements:
Zabbix 6.0 LTS packages
The official Zabbix packages are available for:
- Linux distributions for different hardware platforms on RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Debian, SuSE, Ubuntu, Raspbian
- Virtualization platforms based on VMWare, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, XEN
- Packages and pre-compiled agents for most popular platforms, including macOS and MSI packages for Windows
You can find the download instructions and download the new version on the download page: https://www.zabbix.com/download
One-click deployment is available for the following cloud platforms:
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Linode, Oracle Cloud, Red Hat OpenShift, Yandex Cloud
Zabbix 6.0 also incorporates the features added in Zabbix 5.2 and Zabbix 5.4 non-LTS versions.
Upgrading to Zabbix 6.0 LTS
In order to upgrade to Zabbix 6.0 LTS, you need to upgrade your repository package and download and install the new Zabbix component packages (Zabbix server, proxy, frontend, and other Zabbix components). When you start the Zabbix Server, an automatic database schema upgrade will be performed. Zabbix Agents are backward compatible; therefore, it is not required to install the new agent versions. You can do it at a later time if needed.
If you’re using the official Docker container images – simply deploy a new set of containers for your Zabbix components. Once the Zabbix server container connects to the backend database, the database upgrade will be performed automatically.
You can find step-by-step instructions for the upgrade process to Zabbix 6.0 LTS in the Zabbix documentation.
If you’re interested in a list of changes and an additional pre-upgrade checklist – the following blog post covers the nuances of the upgrade process and takes a look under the hood at what changes are performed during the upgrade.